99 b16a2 swap into 97 ex auto awww snap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricunger

Ok heres the story i got a 97 ex auto and the b16 from the si is all in. Now im at the fun part the wiring. I bought a ex manual harness from ebay to use in the swap. (i also have my ex auto harness and the 99 si harness incase i need them) Question #1 is do i need to add anything to the harness? if so please explain also will ther be any extra plugs? Question #2 is what do i need to do with the clutch pedal sensor run power to it and thats that or is there more to it? Question #3 is have any same swap experience if so please let me know anything i might run into with this swap. thanks alot i gotta get this shit running it had to be sitting for at least 5 months!!!! damn work takes all my time!!!

no the ex has the knock sensor you will need to extend the crank sensor

what ecu you plannig to use? if you using 99 si harness got to get the 99 si ecu ,which is obd2b=pain in the ass for futher chipping plans,if you're using ex harness you can use a 28 ecu(sohc vtec)chipped to program it to fit your b16 engine(check hondata.com ) and there's some information about wiring ,but i don't remember the web site,as son I find it will let you know

im using a 98 ex harness and a boomslang fab coversion harness with a p30 95 sol ecu. please let me know if i need to wire anything into the ecu. Also im doing a 5sp swap if you have any pointers let me know im always looking for input. if i can use my 97 ex auto harness let me know so i can get my cash back from the 98 ex 5sp one. Thanks its about time someone gives useful information. get back to me if you can i been waiting 4 months to finish this car between waiting on parts and info!!!

Back