1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 b18b into my 00 civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by imlachg1, Jan 12, 2004.

1. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

Well, my d16y5 (2000 civic HX) is fried. I am now going with a 99 b18b. I have a few questions as to what I need. I have done some research, but still need some help. Other than the engine and tranny, I would need a 99-00 si rear tranny mount, I will also need a Si driver side mount, a 96-97 del sol ac bracket. A shift linkage from the 99 integra. What about wiring, keep in mind that it doesnt need to be smog legal. Can I use my stock harness? Can I use a 99 integra ecu? What else has to be done. Thank you guys very much.

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

yes you can use your stock harness, yes you can use the 99ls ecu.

3. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

What about the shift linkage? Can I use the integra one, or do I need one from a 99-00 civic Si? Would I need to modify my stock harness? Or not, thanks for the quick responces.

4. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

I dont believe that it will be smog legal. You could try it but I believe it wont pass CALI smog laws. From what I have herd, the motor has to be equal or newer year to pass smog.

5. mwvnos

mwvnos Senior Member

he said it doesnt have to pass smog...

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the car is obd2b, the motor is obd2a. minor wire problem there... the obd2b ls ecu wont work either cuz i has an imobilizer. you're going to need a 2a to 2b conversion harness

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted