99 civic ex auto zc question!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azianpersuasian

ok, my older brother has a 99 civic ex automatic and the motor now has 370k he uses it daily to drive to chicago to work and sprays 50 shot in it all the time car runs excellant but he thinks the clock is ticking for the motor so he wants to change it out. my question is could he still retain the stock y8 head becuase id imagine the head is still good maybe the rings are gettin there. but if he keeps the y8 head couldnt he do something silly like a zc block i heard that gives crazy compression and plus it would be hilarious the car being auto still that is!!! if you guys could help me or give me some more information or sites pertaining to my question please do so thanx guys!!!!! if you want email me at linh_sok@hotmail.com thanx!!!

he could retain the stock head, yes

i would inspect the valve mating surfaces and valve guides...

i would imagine the exhaust valves will be slightly pitted due to heat...
the valves should be reground to spec, and new valve seals installed...
valve seals are easy and cheap, valve grinding is also cheap

as far as the block...
he could go zc, but why not just use any other d series block for a mini-me setup?
slightly higher compression but still safe for nitrous...

cheaper than a ZC block too

imo if your gonna do all that he should do a LS swap. I think hell enjoy the extra power and torque. If he doing alot of freeway driving imo LS Swap is what you need

an ls would make for a nice cruiser and id thik the zc would be illigal since its not obd2

Back