99 CIVIC SI TO 97 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BACONMOTORSPORT

I have a 1997 dx hatch auto and a 99 Si. We want to swap the Si into the DX. We have both complete cars. The Si has been hit though. Is this a direct plug and play. We intend on swaping over the cluster and basically the entire sub frame assembly. I have searched some and could not find this info.

hit where, what is damaged? Otherwise forget the whole subframe, or not if thats really what you want to do. Just take the motor, mounts, tranny axles, shift linkage, ecu, radiator, etc. Add a few wires on the dx wiring harness or just swap over the si's harness. And there are plenty that have been done if you search some more.

Oh yeah the auto part...... pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder and you have all the lines . It should be pretty easy. Just look at your engine bay on the SI and then look over at the Dx engine bay and put the Si setup in the Dx its basically the same frame setup.

If you want to get rid of any SI parts send me a PM :mrgreen:

What about the harness for the cluster? Will the Si cluster plug into the the DX harness (and work properly)? What wires do I need to add to the DX harness? And thanks for the reply!

can't help you with the cluster sorry. As for the harness, look at what wires there are in the SI bay and just add the ones that the Dx doesn't have. Like vtec, and vtec pressure switch I beleive. Or like I said you can just take the Si harness and use it in the Dx, its pretty easy to swap harnesses.

This is turning into a project!! I swaped the entire engine harness and ecu from the SI to the 97' DX but the big problem is the fourth plug for the SI ecu is in the chassis harness not on the engine harness. Also the evap system is totally different. Do I need to change them over? The ecu on the SI has three diferent wires that go out to the Evap system. The system in the dx has nothing. I assume that the SI ecu is going to throw CEL without the evap hooked up.

Back