99 civic si turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dbkemp

I have a question... I have a 99 civic si with a turbonetics kit and its all beat up so im trying to get a new manifold and downpipe. i called turbonetics and the kit is dicontinued so im out of luck for new pieces and gaskets. I was looking around for any bolt up parts but nothing seems to come together all the tubular manifolds are obviously diferent and wont bolt to the downpipe and so on. Does anyone out there have any idea of my options that wont result in me having to sell my wheels for parts money cause I have to get a whole new kit. oh and a side note, at around 6k rpm's my tach gives out and goes down to 0, what gives? thanks for any help!

well check places like ebay to see if there are any manifolds or pipes on there, I'm sure there's a ton of them and for cheap too

I checked Ebay and they have the parts Im just a little uneasy about ebay, heard alot of mixed opinios about products, from what I gather its hit or miss. i could make the gaskets so thats no big deal Im just looking for all new parts and a tubular manifold. Im thinking about geting with a welding/fabrication shop to have them custom me a kit that fits nice, think it would be cheaper?

i got an idea go to a junk yard with a 99 civic si and take the guage cluster out and take the tack part out of the guage cluster and replace your broken one with the one in your car problem solved. also have you taken the guage cluster out and felt of the needle?

wtf....so it works to 6k and dies? if you up shift does it come back at 4k or do you have to start the car again?

It sounds like a wiring issue......who the hell would 'feel the needle for tension' wtf is that about. the tach hits 0, its not reading 2k at 6k or something.

ha ha I know, exactly around 6 k it'll drop but if I slow down or shift it comes right back even in first gear when Im gettin on it it'll go quickly up to 6k then drop, I'll shift and it'll come back then at 6k again when I get on it it gives out.

imo. any time you change your mani you have to mod. your down pipe and maybe some charge piping too. just get a good mani and have them re-fit your down pipe. when i had my ram horn mani made i had to start from scratch on my whole exhaust. damn down pipe had to be made via: pie cuts and welds stainless. it was really expensive but it works great and looks cool too!

idk for some reason my tach would barely move up and down like i would be at 5k rpms and my oem tach shows 2k and i took the guage cluster and moved the needle slowly up with my fingers and it would seem to stick a little but i could pull out a little on the needle and it would free the needle up. just figured i would throw that out there, i went with an after market tach any ways.

wtf....so it works to 6k and dies? if you up shift does it come back at 4k or do you have to start the car again?

It sounds like a wiring issue......who the hell would 'feel the needle for tension' wtf is that about. the tach hits 0, its not reading 2k at 6k or something.

yeah, in YOUR situation, makes total sense (i even said that in my replay). In the OP's situation, not really applicable.

Back