99 EK hatch with gsr turbo ... no power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

butchashop

99 gsr turbo ek hatch
ok this is the second turbo hatch i have had the first was a single cam set-up which is pretty simple ...this new set up sucks ... i have a 99 ek hatch with a gsr turbo the motor is a 94 obd1 running a chipped p06 ecu (dont laugh thats how i bought the car) lol the car idles as if it is brand new if i put in neutral the car will rev up fine but when i try to drive down the street it has absolutley no power at all it would take me about 5 minutes to hit a 1/4 mile it seems as if the cat is clogged ... but i dont have a converter on the car it has rc 440 injecters and according to the fuel pressure gauge its running about 41lbs of fuel the boost gauge will barely get to 5 lbs but it takes about 3-4 blocks down the road to spool up .. i am totally stumped with this car i have checked everything i can think of and cant figure out why this car has the same hp as a riding mower has any one esle had a similar problem? im also running a skunk2 intake manifold

Last edited:
check map sensor and tps sensors, make sure the plugs for them aren't switched.
Also, your fuel pressure is low, unless you are reading it at idle.
Idle 39-46psi (stock engine)
wot 64-85 psi (stock engine)
Specs are for 1995 b18c1 engine

I Personally Think Its That P06 Thats Not Working Right For That Swap , From What Ive Been Told You Cant Use A Non-vtec Ecu For A Vtec Motor Even If Its Chipped And You Need To Boost Up Your Fuel Pressure Your Not Getting Enough Fuel And It Might Be Runnin In Safe Mode Which Is Good Cause At Wop. You Should Be Running Like 98psi Of Fuel With Those Injectors And Being Turbo'd

Back