99 EK swap help pick motor obd-1 or obd-2 help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

I'm thinking about possibly picking up a 99 EK hatch shell sunday for a swap after selling my ls/turbo eg..
The guy had a SOHC VTEC in the car and has the obd-2 to obd-1 harness..
I'm down to a h22 swap which i can get for 2k local but would need mounts 600 dollers and possibly a shift linkage not sure though..

A LS swap for another turbo LS

A B16 swap for turbo..

Here is the problem the car is obd-2. I really want a 0bd-1 motor so i can run uberdata like on my EG

My eg put down 225hp on 10lbs on a stock motor i'm looking to make about the same power with this setup.

If I get a h22 swap i will probably put on a 50 shot with bolt on's..Either the b16 or the LS will be boosted..

If I buy the obd-1 swap what do i need to make this work exactly??

If I buy a obd-2 swap what would need to be done to convert it to obd-1??

The guy has a obd-2 to obd-1 conversion harness but i'm not sure how it works..Will the ek plugs plug into the obd-1 motor like plug and play??

If I decide to do a h22 the least likely of the 3 i will buy a obd-2 motor swap its just gonna be a much more expensive swap..

For example could I buy a obd-2 LS motor,tranny,axles etc basically get the tranny mount thats needed and drop it in and it be plug and play has far has plugs plugging right up like a LS in a EG is??

Then just run the obd-2 motor off of a chipped P06 obd-1 ecu with uberdata useing the jumper harness for the ECU to go from obd-2 down to obd-1??

What needs to be changed??

Sorry for being a newb i've just never messed with this obd-2 crap but i sold my eg wanting a ek for the look and never researched the bs beforehand..

i've searched this so please no flaming just help a brotha out..

Get an obd2 motor since that's what your car is, and then, get a conversion harness with an obd1 ecu, done.

Yeah man thats what i wanted to do just buy a obd-2 swap and use the conversion harness to use my chipped po6 obd-1 ECU for uberdata.

The problem is i've been told numourous different stuff from people ranging from still having to lenghten wires to work and some have even talked about injector swaps and distributer swaps..

Honestly i'm probably gonna go with a LS turbo again but i wanna run uberdata. i don't care if the motor is obd-1 or obd-2 that ecu just has to be obd-1..

I've heard when running that obd-1 ecu you need to change injectors,distributer and add lenghten wires..

Can anybody give me the correct info thats 100% sure before i go wasteing money..

thanks...

Back