99 obd2 gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rjs4490

Ok if i want to swap a 99 obd2 GSR into a 94 eg hatch and use a obd1 p72 ecu what do i need to do for the swap..please help ive been searchin for answers but i cant find any good information...please help

ok bro...im not an idiot..i have search and search...i really need help with this...obd2 gsr to obd1 in a 94 civic hatch....i bought the car already swapped...my car is not hitting v-tec...lets just say if i were to rip the wiring harness right out of the car...would i need to by an obd2 gsr wiring harness...get a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness...use a p72 ECU..???what else do i need to make v-tec work???please help ive search enough and cant find anything for this situation

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/obd1shocktowerwiring.jpg

Oh man that took all of 10 seconds on google.
In EG's, anything over 1993 you have to wire it yourself. In 1992, the fucker came prewired for vtec. Thus, you will have to manually wire in the vtec if there isn't a wire leading from the engine bay to your ecu.

ECU Pinouts + VTEC wiring info - HondaCivicForum.com
The ECU Pinout diagram. Tap the wire into the first pic, into the various spots on the second pic. Tadaaaaaaaaaa. VTEC!
+rep if it helps :)

If you check the link, there is a diagram for the obd1 (its the first one) where it CLEARLY says OBD1 ECU on the top, the FIRST PIC...

Back