99 vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
i got kind of a stupid question, but here it goes...

my little bro is planning on buying a 97 to 01 prelude, is there anything he should watch for. are there any usual problems with the car.
and i also herd that the 0-60 time on the vtec was like 7.6 seconds. thats pretty slow, was i given any misinformation???

thanks anything will help

lol he is hella happy cause he thinks he will smoke my 97 sol wit a b16, mabye once he can really drive it. so whats the stock 1/4 mile time for the lude

i'm assuming you'll be pretty even if he doesnt pull on you just a tad..

I don't know of any real problems with them other than the fact they're heavy as hell as was mentioned above. If he's set on getting one of those then try to find the SH model it will kill the standard version in the corners.

thats what i told him, but we'll see what happens.

with the lude being so heavy the weight must be distributed very well in order for it to handle the way it does.

but it doesnt even matter, ill still tear him up on the backroads, in my sol.

The SH has the ATTS system in it which compensates for the natural tendency to understeer by transferring most of the power to the outside wheel if needed. That's the reason it handles so well it can overcome the fact that the weight balance actually makes it want to understeer off the road..

I've personally seen a totally stock lude run a 15.2. They arn't terribly slow for a stock car.

Back