1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a/c and power steering

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by civicious, Jul 7, 2003.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

ok, i'm in the almost-to-the-"almost over" stage of swapping a B16a into a 98 civic...its been a pain in the ass so far, with wiring and whatnot, but i got all that straightened out...

a lot of people around here (who seem to be full of BS most of the time) tell me that i shouldn't put power steering or a/c in...

would having no power steering or a/c make that much difference? also, if i went without power steering or a/c is there any reason i couldn't take off the p/s pump and the a/c compressor and sell them on ebay or somethin?

2. MarkJimenez99

MarkJimenez99 Senior Member

When I got my engine swap, I wanted to keep my A/C because it's daily driven. However, I did lose my power steering because it couldn't fit. It's not that bad without power steering. You can FEEL the turns better. A/C does add a significant amount of weight. The lighter your car, the faster. It's up to you if can live without them and sacrifice for speed. However, in my opinon, I'd keep both if I could since my car is daily driven.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I took out AC on my first EG project, and on my newest project I plan to keep it since Florida gets so fucking hot and humid.

Fuck PS, if you live up north ditch the damn AC. Then you can get the R n1 crank pulley.

Milan

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

5. toyarmy

toyarmy Senior Member

i have everything for my ac. i never had power steering, and really dont care, it makes me buff.

i have yet to hook my ac up though < belt > because i need a bracket.

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

7. daviid

daviid Member

if your not going to use power steering, i suggest you look for a manual steering rack for your car. and according to honda's website the civic dx's came with power steering, so good luck finding a manual rack for your car. if you keep your p/s rack you will kill it alot faster then you would if you switched over to manual rack.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted