a/c compressors? does year matter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am planning my swap(jdm b16a sir-2 in a 95 ex coupe) and I realized that the motor I was getting was out of a 92. Correct me if I am wrong but they still used r12 until 93. My question is can these a/c compressor be used with either type of freon or should I plan on getting a newer compressor. Might be a stupid question for some, but try putting up with texas heat, a/c will seem pretty damn important.

believe me i know fl heat heat is just as bad the R12 can be refilled with r134 but the system needs to be evacuated dried and refill if you dont have much experience i recommend you take it to a shop cause the system can explode hope i helped ya

I have access to a evac and recharge machine with plenty help from techs. Just wasnt sure if the system could work on r134. The stock a/c system is still in the vehicle blowing very cold. I also need to know if you have to change out expansion valve because of the different compressor. Any info would help.

i have done a few cars with the r134 in r12 system all i have ever changed were the valves

When R134 first came out, there were many misconceptions about converting R12 to R134. The kit comes with adapters for the high and low fittings. Then just have it serviced normally. Don't try to convert it yourself. You can ruin the whole system if it's done wrong.

well I have a 95 ex with r134 adapters will this bolt on to the new compressor?what does the adapter kit include?

Back