A/C Removal: step one complete, compressor gone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I removed the compressor today, had to do a stretch-armstrong to get the right side lower bolt out. But now since I won't be using the A/C anyway, I was gonna remove the condenser. However, that fan that is mounted to it... is that a fan only for the A/C, or does that ever kick on by itself to cool the front of the engine? If it's just for the A/C then I'll remove the entire assembly in one shot. Anyone know?

Quoted post[/post]]
I removed the compressor today, had to do a stretch-armstrong to get the right side lower bolt out. But now since I won't be using the A/C anyway, I was gonna remove the condenser. However, that fan that is mounted to it... is that a fan only for the A/C, or does that ever kick on by itself to cool the front of the engine? If it's just for the A/C then I'll remove the entire assembly in one shot. Anyone know?

That fan on the condensor is an A/C component only. You can remove it.

Hey.. Come to think of it, I need a fan.. Is this on a 92-95 civic?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Yes it is :)
Is everything in good shape?? I might be interested in the fan and condensor.. and compressor if its cheap enough. Lemme know!

K. Soon as I get it off tomorrow I'll let you know. It may be fairly expensive to ship because of the weight. The compressor alone weighed in at 23 lbs when I weighed it earlier. I'll definitely let you know though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Is everything in good shape?? I might be interested in the fan and condensor.. and compressor if its cheap enough. Lemme know!

K. Soon as I get it off tomorrow I'll let you know. It may be fairly expensive to ship because of the weight. The compressor alone weighed in at 23 lbs when I weighed it earlier. I'll definitely let you know though.

I can't believe that little bastard weighs 23 pounds, lol... Was it a good working A/C system when you dismantled it?? Mine is all there but doesn't hold freon.. And I have no idea what shape the comressor is in, but the fan was damaged in the wreck. I have everything replaced save for the a/c system damage.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I can't believe that little bastard weighs 23 pounds, lol... Was it a good working A/C system when you dismantled it?? Mine is all there but doesn't hold freon.. And I have no idea what shape the comressor is in, but the fan was damaged in the wreck. I have everything replaced save for the a/c system damage.

The A/C didn't pump out cold air, so after a couple tries I stopped trying to use it. I don't know if it's bad, but I would assume it just needed a recharge. I can't say for sure though. I also have the one on my old D15 engine that also didn't pump out cold air.

Back