a car that runs on .... AIR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice idea but slow
i'm really starting to worry about you...
you know its not a space shuttle right?
its a car that runs on AIR... for city commuter type shit...

but 3 minutes to fill up 4300psi is pretty quick...
even if its already precharged at the station...
still a pretty fast transfer

could work amazing in concept. but did we forget that most taxi cab drivers like to keep it above 50 in the city?

yes, but this runs SOLEY on air. seems like a good idea though.

We used to pressure check lines on the F-15 at 12K PSI, I've even held one in my hand
COOKIE?

somehow that doesn't seem like a remotely fun or entertaining concept to me...
must be all that clean oregon air...
apparently too much oxygen fucks up your brain... :p

please don't remind be about F-15 hydraulics....I hated them....and I still hated pumping up the JFS bottles by hand.

http://www.f15sim.com/operation/f15_hydraulic_system.html

But the tanks they showed was a tank that Sikorsky also used to make in house, until the outsourced it...but they can hold some major pressure. In fact, a lot of helicopters outfitted with aircraft float bags incase they fall in the water, have about from 2-4 of those bottles...normally charged to 3500psi.

And the S-92 has their normal operating hydraulic system set at 4000psi...and when we do ops checks with the ground mule, I'm really leary....excpecially after I changed a servo or a resevoir. Plus after installing a main rotor head....too many hydraulic lines to torque and check. :mad:

Now, they said that the aircar runs on gas over a certain speed, why don't the mount an airpump on the back of the motor to be charging the air bottles when it does opererate on gas?

Two Problems...

ugly.

It's already been done. I saw this type of concept on a Nova program like a million years ago.

Quoted post[/post]]
We used to pressure check lines on the F-15 at 12K PSI, I've even held one in my hand
COOKIE?

somehow that doesn't seem like a remotely fun or entertaining concept to me...
must be all that clean oregon air...
apparently too much oxygen fucks up your brain... :p

It was fun when the sheet metal guys would make a line out of alluminum and swear it was titanium. 12K PSI can really fuck up a weaker line and it's fun to watch from the saftey of the crash cage.

Even more fun to send their dumb asses back to their boss with a destroyed line because they didn't know what they were talking about.

happy mandral bending! :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
concept vs "ready to hit the market in france"

Runs on young, unemployed Muslim hatred and bread and wine farts ?

Funny picture time

fl8ysj.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
It's already been done. I saw this type of concept on a Nova program like a million years ago.

concept vs "ready to hit the market in france"

I don't remember hearing anything in that video about all the service stations that will need to be retrofitted to make use of these cars. Also, I don't see this as a viable longterm drive train... Airtanks will eventually fatigue, and seeing how well 90% of us maintain our cars, those things will be turning into large, mobile explosives after a few years of misuse. Great concept, poor idea from a safety standpoint. The main reason gasoline is so great is because it is stored at STP, easily transported in small quantities in case you run out, i.e. AAA to the rescue, and not highly volatile unless it is atomized or vapor. This is the major advantage of chemical energy over stored potential energy of compressed air. This is also a major reason why fuel cell cars are slow to get out of the concept stage. Because the DOT has seen how well people maintain their vehicles; and while the concepts may be a reality for large gov't use, and programs in which the DOT and powers that be know the vehicles will be maintained as outlined by the manufacturers. As long as the transportation is privately owned and operated, specifically by individuals, I don't see this air car, or fuel cell cars getting a spot in the public market anytime soon. For public transortation service, the concept has a much larger chance of success, and I would invest my resources into that if I were a voice to be heard in that company.

Back