A few ?'s about brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I went to the junkyard and got some of the parts for the drum to disc brake conversion on a 91 rex. Unfortunately, the junkyard separated the calipers and the spindles from the arm.

Do the calipers mount to the trailing arm or to the spindle?

Do they have mounting brackets or do they bolt right on to whatever they bolt to?

When getting new brake lines, what length and thread do i need? (autozones computer didnt know what I needed, just gave me the options between four thread sizes and four lengths.)

Thanks a lot in advance, this conversion is costing me more than i expected and I dont want it to cost much more. better be worth it......

Thats what I had them look up in their computer but then it started asking what size thread, and what length even after I told them crx, 1.6l, etc. If there is a kit that has a set of four, that might help, or a store someone knows has the info. He told me I could just bring in an old line and they will match it up, which I can do while im doing the swap, but Id like to have everything before I get started.

Just to make sure, I only need to replace the lines going from the back of the car to the caliper right?

get goodridge ss lines....for a 91 crx si

Originally posted by Periculum@Mar 15 2005, 02:45 PM
Just to make sure, I only need to replace the lines going from the back of the car to the caliper right?
[post=473877]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes- just the soft lines. The hard lines (bent steel tubing) stays the same.

most auto parts stores should be able to get them in 2-5 days,and no shipping charge. I know how it is,I live in Iowa, 30 miles from the nearest parts store that carries ANYTHING for a honda.

Back