a good read "trying to blow up a bike motor"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@May 9 2004, 08:15 PM
amazing...i highly doubt a Harley would get to stage 2

they leak oil at stage one "from the showroom floor"

HOLY FUCK!!!! That is amazing. Kinda like that video of the CRX running for 30 min without coolent or oil before detonating!!!! Sweet find :D

Originally posted by ktanaka@May 9 2004, 11:58 PM
HOLY FUCK!!!! That is amazing. Kinda like that video of the CRX running for 30 min without coolent or oil before detonating!!!! Sweet find :D

i loved that crx video..

thats the 1 where they jumped the car right then flipped it over twice and then threw a bunch of shit through it ??

those ppl were a bunch of bored clowns

They should have done before and after dyno's to see where power checked in after the abuse...

Kawi Engineers - 1
Mag "Experts" - 0

we did the same thing with a single cam and a B16A engine.

Put a freaking stick on the gas pedal when I got to work in the morning at IB, and let it slamming the rev limiter all day long. Did it blow up? No.

then we took a B16A, left it floored in 5th gear at 130+ MPH for a while....did it blow up?

No...

so we got a B16A motor and didn't change the oil for 25 thousand miles...before the oil change...TO THE DYNO! rev limiter like nothing!

Did it blow up? no....

conclusion: You got to be a freaking GOD to blow up a stock B16A or D16A

lol.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@May 13 2004, 02:54 AM
we did the same thing with a single cam and a B16A engine.

Put a freaking stick on the gas pedal when I got to work in the morning at IB, and let it slamming the rev limiter all day long. Did it blow up? No.

then we took a B16A, left it floored in 5th gear at 130+ MPH for a while....did it blow up?

No...

so we got a B16A motor and didn't change the oil for 25 thousand miles...before the oil change...TO THE DYNO! rev limiter like nothing!

Did it blow up? no....

conclusion: You got to be a freaking GOD to blow up a stock B16A or D16A

lol.

Jeff

OR just not fill up the oil when it's burning it like a freight train. ;)

Spun rod bearings and 7200 rpm races with super low oil levels PWN D16a's. ;)

Back