A k24 engine in my civic 2002???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acunda

Hey, I just bought a tsx engine and I want to fit it in my poor 2002 dx Civic. There is no mount kit available on the net. Will the k20 kit do the job or I should throw my new engine into the container? I also want to know if there are any other difficulties in completing this swap.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 10 2005, 12:40 AM
The K20 kit will work to mount the K24.
[post=538196]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you sure of that?
I called Hasport and they answered that the k20 mounts would not work and that I had to wait until december to get the proper kit.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to MOUNT a K24 in there with the K20 kit (even if it won't clear everything), but HASport knows best. Go with what they say.

Where are you located ;) \
Cause i'll have to make sure i watch out for a 2002 DX that'll probably be fast as hell.
Check up on both the TSX mounting points and the Si mounting points.
If anything you can always take a really big hammer to it to make it fit B) .

Probably safe to wait for hasport to make em to be sure they'll fit. But, hey.. IMA n00b relatively speaking :ph34r:

Thank you everyone, now that this problem is solved, I discovered another huge issue. The Engine won't start because I don't have the motor's key which contains a chip. Is there a way to start it anyway with the comuter I already have in my car, or I should go with the hi performance AEM computer that may be configured depending on your expectations ?

By the way, if anyone has already done this swap, message me because i have to finish it real bad...

How are you going to make the drive by wire throttle work? If i remember correctly it does not use a throttle cable and is electronically controlled through the computer?

Originally posted by MXDesa@Aug 31 2005, 06:55 PM
How are you going to make the drive by wire throttle work? If i remember correctly it does not use a throttle cable and is electronically controlled through the computer?
[post=548014]Quoted post[/post]​

Both throttles are controlled by wires.

Cool i couldn't remember which K was controlled electronically, i know there is one that is. Best of luck man. Pioneer this swap! and Good luck...

i'm lookin at a sport compact car magazine right now from july 2004..... they put a k20 in a ek, and they said the mount kit works for either engine.... so, if they make a mount kit for a k20 in a 2001+ civic, then it'll prolly work with the k24 too, just slam your hood really hard after you do the swap to make room for the taller deck height of a k24 :p

seriously though, if your willing to modify your hood i would bet it'd work...... but don't take my word for it.

First of all you should go to hybrid-racing.com, they have all the k series motor mounts for eg, dc and ek, maybe they can help you with your 2002. Secondly, the tsx does use the drive by wire system. They have everything to make the swap work, harness, axles, computers, etc. Check it out... one.

IF YOUR WORRIED ABOUT THE IMMOBILIZER YOU CAN TAKE THE CAR TO ACURA AND THE WILL CHIP A NEW KEY FOR YOU WITH THE IMOBILIZER SO THATS THE CHEAP WAY OUT YOU COULD ALSO BUY THE AEM OR K PRO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A HARNESS MADE BESIDES HASPORT

Quoted post[/post]]
First of all you should go to hybrid-racing.com, they have all the k series motor mounts for eg, dc and ek, maybe they can help you with your 2002. Secondly, the tsx does use the drive by wire system. They have everything to make the swap work, harness, axles, computers, etc. Check it out... one.

That's absolutely what I needed to move on. Thank you. Not many people are familiar with the K series. And now I have enough info to start get the project going.

Any luck? I just picked up an 04 Civic LX Sedan and dont want to waste time on the shit D thats in it now. Any word from uhm, hybrid racing on the mounts and such??

Keep us posted

The project is almost finished (about 3 weeks) :) If anybody needs help for this almost impossible swap, I can help. I now have a complete list of what to do and what not to do. There are many things I thought were going to be easy but were actually difficult. :eek:

Back