a little advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbodreams

i want to turbo charge my 4 door accord i currently have an automatic transmission which i plan on swapping out and i also plan on dropping in a new engine since mine has over 120k miles on it. i just need advice on some good engines and transmissons at a resonable price where to find them and what types i should be looking at. also what type of exhaust would be best for my car any advice would be greatly appreciated.

h22 yo, you can get one from hmotorsonline.com, most of us that have swapped engines get them from steve.

hey

from what i was told by one of my coworkers for the type of turbo i am getting the h22 would be to big of an engine and would not spool fast enough im not tryin to go all out im just testing this out and later on go bigger and better. so what do u think about what my coworker said?

what kind of turbo do you want? Ill let you know if its too big.

you definitely want to rebuild your h22 before hand, they are not boost friendly.

SBR brings to you a very simple and basic approach to turbo-charging your N/A vehicle. These simple kits are true bolt on items that will increase your WHP between 20-30%. Testing showed a 35% increase in power on a D16 motor with the basic kit, try getting that with headers, intake, and exhaust! This was only at 6 psi of boost.

$1549.98
+add to wishlist +buy now
spacer.gif

thats fine, just be warned that turbo h22s even tuned correctly have problems. Weak ring lands can be the death of an H22 at any increased pressure.

Accords / H22 go together like fat chicks and oreo's. on 90-93 accords the h22 seems as if it was made to go into these year accords as you will practically need nothing extra to put them in. on 94-97 you will need i think to change one of your rear motor mounts and 98 and up im not too sure but all in all h22 is the way to go if u plan to boost..run no more than 6 or 7 psi as you will run into problems if you run any higher.

Back