A little injector wiring confirmation please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

clanny

I'm putting in an obd2 engine into my obd0 car. I am staying obd0 and have worked out all the problems so far. One thing I'd like a little confirmation with though, will the injectors that came with my new engine (b16b) run fine with the injector resistor box as long as I stay obd0? I will be changing the connectors to obd0 so that they fit onto my engine loom.

The injectors in my b16a are starting to tick a little and I'd like to use the much newer injectors but I'm aware of the resistor box thingy. Do I just need to remove the resistor box if I go obd1? If so, good, although I'll remember that for the future.

No. You cannot use high-impedance injectors with a resistor box, unless you want to burn out the injectors. Take off the resistor box. On one side, there's 4 wires running to the injectors, and on the other side of the resistor box there's one big yellow wire. Wire all 4 injector wires to that one big wire. Also, you'll have to swap your injector plugs to the obd2 plugs.

Back