a place were we can all race online for free

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, as if the rwd's werent hard enough to handle. bang one around a bit and you cant even go in a straight line at highway speeds lol

I dislike the steering, because hey, who's going to plow through a gentle turn in a GTI doing like 90-100mph and wind up 200 feet into the grass because the thing understeered the whole way.

I know thats not how its going to handle because I've pushed that car further than that in person. Maybe if I had a steering wheel or something it would make the game far more fun, but it seemed like the car was far too stiff and unresponsive.

i just tried again and damn is it ass backwards for some things.

first the car is overly sensitive when you're going slow, when steering should be the toughest. Then the car is unresponsive at fast speeds, where it should be most responsive to slight movements.

Spinning the ass end of a GTI out doing 35, slowing into a S turn and trying to accelerate out of the turn is bullshit.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 18 2005, 04:30 PM
were you mouse-steering, or using the kb?
[post=528115]Quoted post[/post]​

mouse

Huh. Might adjust your mouse sensitivity because I didn't have much problems with understeer that weren't FWD-related. :p

okay....the mouse steering is the way to do it........if you keep on the gas and hold the brake when going into a corner; it will down shift like a pro and you can take the corner faster and try follow a straight line in and out...

this game is the shit....remember this is just a demo the real thing is even sicke.....

i did polay today but not on the web because i was downloading some torrents thanks to POPE

Originally posted by formby@Jul 18 2005, 05:58 PM
okay....the mouse steering is the way to do it........if you keep on the gas and hold the brake when going into a corner; it will down shift like a pro and you can take the corner faster and try follow a straight line in and out...

this game is the shit....remember this is just a demo the real thing is even sicke.....

i did polay today but not on the web because i was downloading some torrents thanks to POPE
[post=528153]Quoted post[/post]​

i've been on the brake into a turn but most of the time it doesn't downshift, i have to downshift for it.

I got the hang of the GTI but it still was way too sensitive even after turning my mouse down.

Forget about the RWD that thing was fucking squirrely as hell. Never have I ever needed to slow to go around a turn at 60mph in the old del sol or in the gti i drove, but shit this game will make you plow through the entire turn.

Same deal with the RWD. If i want to fish tail on purpose I can, but I would have to try to make the ass end, of a brand new GT, swing out. In this game, u step on the gas and it goes left and right.

wow i had the gti going fairly fast, but with the rwd its far more ridiculous. far faster but you go around a turn at 45mph in the xr25 turbo on the brake, whether you're downshifting or not and you slide and go spinning.

i wish there was a way to ease the throttle rather than click a mouse and have the rpms bounce up and down.

up = go
down = brake
left = downshift
right = upshift

steer with mouse

thats how mines set up, i pretty much got the hang of it. the rwd is still tricky though, its just retardedly sensitive.
every once in a while i get a badass drift though, wish you could save replays :p

i did something wrong and it did not seem like it worked....can you guys check to see if it made the turbo car handle better

i just downloaded that patch or whatever and now its hard to find a game online, because since its a new version you can't join up on the old version. i didn't really test it out much but it felt a little better, still with some spin.

thanks for the patch

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Jul 20 2005, 12:26 PM
formby, start a room up and i'll join, we should have like set days and times to race at.
[post=528969]Quoted post[/post]​

i was just racing before in a room called G T I. They only allow GTI's to race on it.

i've been in the drift rooms, it's so funny brake checking people when they are riding your ass on that game and watch them going spinning in the rear view mirror.

Back