A20A3 to B16A? Will it work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89hondalxi

Can someone help me, is this is possible.. A 1989 Honda Accord LXi (A20A3) swapped out to a B16A?? Do they make mounts for the 3g Accord?:confused: :confused:

ok yeah thanx i am just looking for the best motor to replace one in it now...well also one that obtain alot of upgrades i am lookin for huge power gain..

There was a guy on here a while back who was running an LS/VTEC in an 89 hatchback, so yes, B-series is definately possible.

yes, it's possible. it's been done before. you'll need the b-series mount kit from place racing. good luck finding that, as it's out of production. your only other option is to do it custom, or, like chaos said, the b20a is as close to a bolt-in swap as you'll get. look for my thread showing the differences of the 1g b20a for the 1986-1989 accord/1984-1987 prelude and the 2g b20a for the 1988-1991 b20a. but the bolt-in one for the accord makes the same power as the b16a and ~20 more ft/lb of torque. of course, if you want, you can buy a 3g with the swap already complete. i know of two for sale at this very moment.
3geez
3geez

Back