A6 cam gear same as Z6 cam gear?

A6 gear = Z6 gear?

• Yes||

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
Ok everyone... I just have to make absolutely sure before I sell someone something that won't work. I know that the A6, Z6 and Y8 cam gears are all the same in terms of actually fitting onto the ends of the cams, but which ones are completely identical? The way I remember it is that the A6 and Z6 are keyed the same, but the Y8 cam is 4.5 degrees different from the A6 and Z6 cams.

If there's someone out there who knows for sure, please tell me if I'm right or wrong.

skunk2 lists them as the same part number, so that means they have the same teeth, however, I am not sure if they are degreed the same, but I will do a little searching

i would imagine if skunk2 used the same part number for both then the timing would be the same as well. 0 degrees is 0 degrees for both cams. i think the cam is just keyed differently to allow the change in cam timing. IMO

Blanco, thanks.

B16- I was just going by Skunk2's site information too, but they have the same part number listed for all 88-00 Civics. AEM lists one for 88-95, and something different for 96-00.

Ok- AEM called back about an hour ago and said that the Z6 and A6 cams are degreed the same way... so any cam gear for an A6 will work 100% with the Z6. The Y8 is the one that's different.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back