a6 head on z6 block... which timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir

well actually the block is not a z6. its actually a JDM D16a (which is similar to a D16z6)

I know this is a weird setup, but i blew the head. And i have an extra a6 head laying around. So i dropped that to the z6 block. And I tried using the Z6 timing belt. And it seems to be a bit short. And its very tight, can not even put the belt on the tensioner. What timing belt should i use?

freaking im having problems installing the timing belt. I used the z6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The belt seems to be a bit loose and when i used the a6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The timing belt is also loose. Im so confused and dont know what timing belt to use now.

When i tried turning the crank by hand with the timing belt installed. The timing belt would pop out and go back again. So i know its loose. Could it be that i am using a timing belt from AutoZone? I know it would be better if i were to get a OEM one. But they want too much for it.

could the block be that much of a difference? Should i just use one from the b7 instead.

Apparently i got lost.. again..
You're putting an a6 head on an a6 block????....???????.....
Use the a6 timing belt... and as long as your timing belt from AutoZone is a Gatorback, i think you're fine.

rule of thumb is to always use the timing be,t that goes with the head...

yes i know a a6 timing belt will work. but i tried using the a6 timing belt and a6 tensioner. And it came out a bit loose. With 107 teeths. So should i use the belt from a D15B7 instead? Since it is 106 teeths.

When i tried turning the crank by hand with the a6 timing belt installed. The timing belt would pop out and go back again. Is that normal?

for those who used an a6 head on a z6 block. what kind of tensioner did you guys used?

Back