(?) about making OEM 3 layer gasket.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

If I very carefully drill out the rivits in the OEM 3 layer head gasket and remove a layer before installation. I know this will give me higher compresion but do I have to resurface my head or block for a good seal?

The head gasket I am using is factory replacement, the brand name is JONES.

Just go buy one that's already thinner.. I'm pretty sure you can order custom head gasket sizes/thickness from Cometic or other high quality aftermarket companies..

A question concerning this thread, what is better for Higher compression engines, a thicker HG, or a thinner HG? Sorry didnt mean to thread jack yO'

Thinner = higher compression
Thicker = lower compression

Just build the engine with the right piston specs, and then you don't have to worry about playing with the head gasket to get the compression ratio you want.

Thanks for the info guys! I found Mugen HG 1 layer for $129.00 and Spoon 2 layer $125.00. I have heard of people getting OEM HG and removing a layer, so I wanted to know from the pro's. <_<

gocivicls
first of all it's an auto, the trans was slipping slightly. I just ran it to run it... for fun... i guess

I want try it. It would suck to tear back down just to replace the HG.

:p
Last night I ran a..... 9.10 @ 76.99mph and 60ft 2.00. And remember this track is up hill. I had the best time of any N/A Honda there.
Still stock internals w/ a gutted 95 coupe dx.

Back