1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS and brake swap

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by lohonda, Jan 22, 2004.

1. lohonda

lohonda Member

Does not taking out the ABS mechanism in the brakes matter? I have a 92 hatch and I am converting the brakes to 99 gsr rear and 99 si fronts and atleast the rear has ABS. My car does not have ABS so I know it will not work. But will it affect the braking if I leave the mechanism in there?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

abs is computer controlled. the ecu is in the trunk on most civics... and the control unit is under the hood.
    other than a small sensor on the axel, there is nothing by the brakes.

3. lohonda

lohonda Member

Isn't there a mechanism under the rotor? The rear lower control arm had a black wire going under the rotor? That must be the sensor you are talking about. It shouldn't matter if I leave it right?

Thanks.

4. civicext

civicext Member

well i did the swop and you do not have to have abs to run it just put it on you car and ride.. hit me up if any other question....

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I removed all the sensors, looks cleaner. The brakes will preform the same without them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted