abs brake problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my ek3 civic is equiped with ABS BRAKES ,the ABS warning light on the dash never comes on (together with the engine & oil lights) even when the ignition is turned to the "on" position,,,,the brake pedal feels ok,but what worries me is that it does not pulsate like it should (or should it???) also i tested the system by standing on the brakes at 40 kmh, frnt left wheel locked and car lurched slightly...........DO I HAVE ABS OR NOT ,SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

:withstupid:

Pop your hood and look for the ABS modulator. It should look like a block with a bunch of hardlines going to it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 14 2005, 04:59 PM
:withstupid:

Pop your hood and look for the ABS modulator. It should look like a block with a bunch of hardlines going to it.
[post=554579]Quoted post[/post]​

A HEAVY LOOKING LOOKING METAL BLOCK WITH TUBES RUNING OUT OF IT, ....YEP ITS THERE ,ALONG WITH AN ABS CONTROL UNIT(MANUFACTERED BY MITSUBISHI) WHICH I FOUND HIDDEN BEHIND THE DRIVERS SIDE KICK PANEL....

Its not mitsubishi, you sick bastard.. I thik its Mitsubi or some shit..

well, this post is worthless other than that, I'm fucking clueless when it comes to Antilock brakes.. I don't like em anyway.

I CHECKED & I FOUND THAT THE ACTUAL IN-DASH BULB HAD BEEN REMOVED ,I REPLACED IT AND VOILA ! ABS LIGHT IS FUNCTIONAL,,BUT HANG ON ...START THE ENGINE AND IT STAYS ON (ALSO I CHECKED THE ECU ,IT IS MITSUBI,NOT MITSUBISHI,) SO I TOOK THE CAR IN TO MY LOCAL BOSCH DEALER,WHO PERFOMED FLASH CODING on the abs ecu, he returned a number of faults 1.no input from the rear left wheel sensor 2,pump motor relay wiring needs to be looked at,3pump motor wiring which i guess is linked to the former......(seems like the pump motor and relay seem to working but receiving no power).....using my skills of logical deduction ,it might seem like theres a break somewhere along my wiring harness (i checked the fuses theyre all fine) i swear if i had the honda civic workshop repair manual and the diagnostic tool id msort this out..

there is something odd ive picked up ,,,my civic is a 96 jdm vti,with the 3 stage d15z7 engine,,the other day i was peering into the cramped engine bay(area where the oil filter sits) & i saw two unplugged chunks of wire just sitting there,i could barely reach them or get a proper look at them the one connector was grey with numerous pins the other was blue both were female,seems like the only way to get a proper look would be to rip of the intake manifold.................................................does anyone know of a portion of the wiring harnes that stays unplugged just next to the oil filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw two unplugged chunks of wire just sitting there,i could barely reach them or get a proper look at them the one connector was grey with numerous pins the other was blue both were female(according to my fingers)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyone else find that funny???

sorry

Quoted post[/post]]
i saw two unplugged chunks of wire just sitting there,i could barely reach them or get a proper look at them the one connector was grey with numerous pins the other was blue both were female(according to my fingers)

sorry
yeah that is pretty funny :laugh: But yeah ive seen the same thing on my friends 00 si

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

sorry
yeah that is pretty funny :laugh: But yeah ive seen the same thing on my friends 00 si

i'm not sure what kind of sicko's u guys are,where do u see that on my post???????,thanks for answering my question though

i'm not sure what kind of sicko's u guys are,where do u see that on my post???????,thanks for answering my question though

Back