abs removal problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92b17

for various reasons, i attempted the abs removal in my 92 gsr, using a lot of RS parts.

i used the RS MC, stock abs booster, RS prop valve, and front RS hardlines. to bridge the gap to the rear, i used the old abs lines and bent them. removed all the abs junk, bled the system and went for a drive...

the pedal felt fine for a little while, but it was really high up, i noticed. but it was still driving normal. after a few minutes, i felt the car getting slower and the brakes were engaged while NOT braking. several minutes later, the brakes become fully engaged, like slamming them, but i wasnt; i was just driving. at this point, the brake pedal couldnt be depressed at all! The car became undrivable; i was toasting my brake pads, so i pulled over.
my question is what would cause so much pressure to build up in the brake system? If the rear lines that i bent were slightly crimped, could it cause this? i appreciate any help

please explain to me why this might be necessary. the bolt pattern is the same for both...i dont get it :(

could it be anything else?

Back