Accord beats evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think the wrx is a t66.

The accord is a t3t4oe

Turbo lag ISN'T power dying out at the top of the power band. Turbo lag is the time that it takes low in the powerband to spool the turbo up to full boost. The drop off in power in the top end is the turbo running out of its efficiency range and the cams that are in the regular WRX. A different motor and a different turbo, like in the STi and you'll see the car climb into fast speeds.

B, pissedoffsol, has talked about having his STi up to 140mph easily. I took my WRX to 120mph the first night I got it, easily.

Stock turbo in the '02-'05 WRX is a td04. Its a mitsubishi turbo. The STi and the new WRX have slightly different turbos.

Also, you don't need to launch a WRX, STi, Evo, or Skyline lightly. You launch them as hard as you can, that is where their greatest advantage in performance is found. From a launch at around 3000-3500rpms and you're almost immediately spooled up in those cars, do some modifications like port, polish, and coating the turbo, headers, downpipe, uppipe, etc. and you're even faster.

I don't know what the hell you have in the WRX to get 400awhp but thats quite a bit. I'm around 300hp and probably 260awhp with all my mods. A bigger turbo would put my numbers much higher but would result in more lag, which is not what I want in a daily driver.

Back