Accord f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dshop

currently im running an f22b2 97 accord with bunches o' miles on it and i dont want the hassel of installing an h22 because of my lack of mechanic abilities so ive been wondering how much persuasion/modifying would it take to replace the engine with an f20b dohc vtec? Or is it even worth it to change from the f22b2 as a replacement?

the f20b and the h22a will be the same swap. both of them are very very easy to put in a accord.they both are the same basicly same mounts and all

thanks you and i guess i should have searched and i answered my own question by doing so since im going to boost it i guess the f20b has to high compression, therefore i guess the h22a will be a better choice.

the h22a has 10 6 1 also the type s has 11 0 1 compression,

:werd:

Read Brians' article on static vs effective compression. Good read. High compression isn't necessarily worse for boost, you just run a different turbo sized accordingly, and it's harder to tune. However, it is a better setup overall. H22's have weak ring lands.

Back