Accord Shocks on a Civic ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope. The forks that mount to the bottom of your shocks are larger than the CRX's and Accord's forks- the Accord shocks will slip right through. This is a nice trick for the 88-91 Civics though. I have a set of 89 Accord KYBs sitting on my garage floor. I was planning to use them to regain some suspension travel, but then the CRX died... oh well.

I'm interested inthis as well since I am in the market for shocks. I have a CRX that I am going to use eibach prokit springs with. This will give me incresed suspension travel. can these be only used on the front or can I buy accord shocks all around. Anyone have any links with anymore info on this set up I am very interested.

I'm writing a little article for it... I have pictures to prove it too- comparisons between my CRX shocks and the 89 Accord shocks that I have. I actually have the set of Accord shocks for sale (brand new KYB GR-2, never used) if you want them.

I don't know if you can use Accord shocks in the back- but the front is where the travel problem is, not the back.

Do be aware that the spring perches will be in different locations relative to stock when you mount the 89 Accord shocks, so if you use standard lowering springs, it's going to sit funny.

Back