accord trans problem 5sp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phreakn482

here is the deal i have a 92 honda accord 200,000 miles on the trans and less then 5,000 on a rebuilt motor all stock. The other day i was driving down the road and went to take off from a stop light and when i left off the clutch all i hear was a loud pop. and now if the car ir running i can put it into gear without using the clutch at all. I have the trans out and all i saw was the cv joint was broke, but that doesnt not explain why i can go into gear without using the clutch.... any help would be greatfull

If you broke the CV joint, you wouldn't go anywhere if you let out the clutch, since that one side would spin freely. I'm not sure if that's what your asking though.

i know that since i broke the cv joint it would not go anywhere that was the simple problem. The one that im lost on is the fact that i can go into gear while the car is running and not use the clutch. Its like the trans doesnt know the motor is running almost.

Back