acouple of questions here, please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wannabjdm

I was wondering if there is a huge difference between vtec and non-vtec valve springs? Because my b18b w/b16 tranny rev's high and I really don't want to throw a valve. I'm gonna either way get new one's but I'm curious to know. Also has anyone heard of a f22 in a civic or crx? I was looking threw the new honda tuning and in the back was a spread on Bisi Ezerioha!

yep the f22 goes into the civic with h series mounts..
as for valve springs..id get new,,i wouldnt use vtec springs because im sure theres a differance..
and bisi is the world record holder for fastest all motor honda i believe..he does awesome work

I think his goal here is a B16 rpm range 8k+ and more power to take advantage of the short gears for as long as possible.

how much rpm can a B18 bottom end hold would be another good question too.

well if you want to be safe i'd say dont go over the stock rev limit. its there for a reason. the more you go over it the more you decrease the life span of your engine, and risk blowing apart your bottom end. and sure if you have an ecu that allows you to go to 8 on a b18a/b i'm sure you'd probably be fine for some time. but its just not designed to hold up to those stresses and it will catastrophically fail sooner or later. also, i can't say for sure, but i would imagine that even if you could surpass the 7k rev limit, the power you make would probably fall off considerably. it was never designed to go that high or make power in that rpm band.

Back