Act Flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

Just about to install a ACT 8.8pd flywheel this sat and wanted to know what i should expect - I'm also installing a centerforce dualfriction clutch - thanks and let me know

I don't know about the ACT flywheel, but it must feel pretty similar to my 8 pound Clutchmasters/Fidanza flywheel.

My 8 pounder lets the engine wind up faster, makes fast shifts a little easier, plus it's still easy to drive on the street.

I had the fidanza/clutchmaster flywheel and like it very much. I have also heard good things about the toda and Jun units. You can also consider lightening yours to 12lbs, zex, spoon. This usually becomes a chromoly issue when choosing flywheels.

Any input on chromoly gentlemen?????reviews???

Milan

well i'll let u guys know what i think about it - i got bumped back to doing it on Sunday now but ill let ya know how it all worked out

just a heads up .... you need to start off differently with the lightened flywheel than you do stock
blip the RPMs a little higher than usual when taking off
that will keep it a lot smoother... if you dont youll be really jerky and probly stall a few times :)

youll learn this anyway ... just figured id give ya the heads up though :)

at home w/hand tools no impacts i think about 4-5hours alone a little less w/some friends if u know what ur doing

my first clutch change took me a weekend because i had the wrong disc and broke my radiator so i had to get parts..

should take a day for the first time if u have a helms manual

Back