Acura Vigor, and early Legend with Longitudinal mounted engines...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyone know if an S2000 transmission would work with either of these cars to convert them to RWD? I know you would have to do copious amounts of money spending, fabricating and hammering away at the tunnel to make this work, but do these engine and transmission combos spin in the same direction?

Also wondering, since s2000 f22c is more like a K series, would it work in a FF configuration with a K series trans? or what about using a vigor/legend longitudinal FF manual trans with s2000 engine for other applications? I understand this is all costly and not practical, but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

Anyone know if an S2000 transmission would work with either of these cars to convert them to RWD? I know you would have to do copious amounts of money spending, fabricating and hammering away at the tunnel to make this work, but do these engine and transmission combos spin in the same direction?

Also wondering, since s2000 f22c is more like a K series, would it work in a FF configuration with a K series trans? or what about using a vigor/legend longitudinal FF manual trans with s2000 engine for other applications? I understand this is all costly and not practical, but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

I believe they do spin in the same direction; clockwise.

No, not without modifications. Prototype Racing tried with the F20C and figure the K20A was just as good if not better so why bother.

Vigor/Legend transmissions are probably geared long. In addition to that, the F20/22C would probably too weak to drive whatever car the engine/transmission is in due to the gear ratios.

Back