acurex 4th gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

ok when im messing around in my car everytime i put it in 4th it grinds or cathes a little for a sec..when im just cruisin its usually fine...so i just shift from 3rd to 5th cause i dont wanna mess anything up...whats the prob with 4th?

Probably a synchro. Im not the greatest with trannies, but that is what always comes to my mind first. You can try changing your transmission fluid and see if that helps.

ya dude, everytime i go into 5th it grinds its the syncro's, having regular tranny fluid changes helps a little, but eventually it will start to get sloppy then u gotta get a new tranny.

hmm its new tranny fluid...well engine oil in the book it said use blah weight to blah weight engine oil...i dont know im still thinkin of buyin my friends b16 sir tranny jdm...only 45k miles but then i have to buy a act clutch so i need to save up....im gonna post something about a highbrid tranny real fast....

ya, if u do buy the b16a tranny, u will have to put ls 5th gear in so u can drive on the freeway or ull get buttraped at like 4300 rpm. theres another post about hybrid b16 1-4th gear and LS 5th, go to there and check it out.

Back