1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adapter plate

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by mojoman, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mojoman

mojoman Junior Member

Does someone make an adapter plate to mate a b16 to a d series trans. I ask because I thought it would seem easier (I'm sure someone can enlighten me why it will not work) not to have to change mounts, and axles. I'm sure the d series tranny will handle the b series power with no problem. will the b16 sit to high, be to long. I can buy a b16 for a$1000 canadian. This would be going in a jdm crx. Give me your ideas people, maybe make my own plate.

2. mojoman

mojoman Junior Member

OK did some more searching and yes it says a b series will not bolt up to a d series tranny, that I know. I've seen that someone makes an adapter plate to mate H series motor to a b series tranny. why not a b to a d tranny, is it just not possible ie splines differnt, ips smaller, no one has bothered to try. I just like the idea of possibly just bolting the b up to my d tranny and possibly just changing the one motor mount. you might have to put d series flywheel (possibly lighter) on you motor.

3. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Never heard of it done before. B series trannies aren't that expensive, you'll save yourself a lot of time and money just by buying the correct transmission. Unless you want to be unique, but that's always $$$

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted