1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding H.P.????

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by gold-h22a, Oct 30, 2006.

1. gold-h22a

gold-h22a New Member

What is the best after market stuff to put into the head for hp, its going into a jdm H22A? and is it worth geting a skunk2 intake manifold? or just geting it ported and polished? or what ever its called....

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

get some good cams, and i would get the head ported and polished and yea i would get the skunk2 intake main

3. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

fuck the skunk 2 intake mani they are crap. the euro-r accord intake mani's flow almost as good as the skunk 2 and with a little work they can flow more. they cost 225 on hmotorsonline. porting them cost anywhere from 75-150 so pay for the skunk 2 or buy the euro-r. there is some modification needed to make them fit but there are tons of write ups out there telling you how to modify them. as for the head a p&p with new valvetrain, cams, with the intake mani, ported tb, and a header is a great way to make some pretty nice gains in the h22.

4. powerdriverh22

if you dont do the headwork and just get the skunk2 intake mani you will lose some midrange power but make a lil more peak hp.

5. AHHVTEC

yea im kinda with you on this about the skunk2 for the money i guess its ok, but realy im not a fan of skunk2 but if your on a buget..

6. powerdriverh22

the skunk 2 intake mani for the h22 is 400 dollars. so for at the most 375 for the euro manifold and porting you will make more power

7. AHHVTEC

:withstupid:

8. gold-h22a

gold-h22a New Member

i can get a skunk 2 intake manifold for like $280. but how much is it to rebuild the head? with skunk 2 everything or is there something better than that?

9. powerdriverh22

how are you getting the h22 skunk 2 intake mani for 280? skunk2 is good. if you get skunk2 cams get their valvetrain. if you get crower get their valvetrain. you dont have to but its just a lil piece of mind

10. gold-h22a

gold-h22a New Member

On ebay there is a skunk 2 intake manifold one still in the box, its brand new, and its to $280 shipped!!!! but i am look to spend about $1500 this winter on my car. and i am thinking about turboing the 92... dont know if its a good idea!!! is it???

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANDYS AUTO SPORT.....
    they SUCK i bought a VIS carbon invator hood about 7 mo. ago then canceled it 2 1/2 mo ago and still no money back...
    just some info if you liked to know..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted