Adjustable ball joints & alignment problems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

girma

I probably don't have enough information...but here's my problem and a question. We have a '94 GSR in my son's '89 Civic. The car came with a body kit and adjustable shocks and ball joints. I've taken it for alignment twice and they haven't gotten it right yet. Between the Acura axles and the adjustable ball joints and shocks, is this a really tough thing to get right? I'm going back for the third time next week, so maybe they can see by the tires and by their previous adjustments what to try next...? Any suggestions to pass on to them?

Go to a shop that isn't retarded. Its a very simple concept, and any skilled mechanic should be able to straighten it right out.

Make sure they have a good up to date alignment machine to work with. Also, have them check for any loose/worn parts.

And DEMAND a print out of the before and after alignment measurements. Ask about it before hand. If they can't provide one, they are using stone age technology and you need to move on to a new shop.

Back