Adjustable Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The height thing is not really the adjustable on the go thing. When ever you mess with that, the alignment goes to hell. It is there so you can pick the height you want then get it cornerballance to get the most out of your suspension. The true adjust on the fly is the dampering. Latly I have been running on the 4th softest settings of my teins on the road and it feels like I am ridding on air. When I show up at an autoX, I put them on the 4th hardest settings.

i have arospeed coilovers and i cant stand them. first of all they r too low becasue at one point i thought i was cool by dropping my car 4 inches and then i took my muffler off when i raced, so the exhaust that ended right by my spring, melted the aluminum part that the perches screw up and down, so its stuck this low and it rides like shit. i hate it with a pasion., but ive heard of almost all coilovers moving on their own.

what are some good names for shocks and springs (for an integra ls coupe after 1994)? i need to start lookin, but i'd like a general direction first. whats a good amount of drop to look good and increase handling without scrapin on stuff?

I had coilovers and changed to just a spring (Neuspeed Race and love them...but would not sleep with them in bed). I would never do coilovers again...way too bumpy. If you do decide to get the coilovers, go with a good brand like skunk 2. Do not get HP Race, OBX, Weapon R, APC....all that cehap stuff is crap.

Coilovers are good because you can pick you lower point. On the flipside, with most reliable good quality brands like Neuspeed, H&R, Intrax, Eibach you can pick a sport (2-2.5" drop) or just the plain Jane lower (Approx 1.5-1.8" drop) the lower point is already set and they will settle after 500KM of driving. WIth that in mind, you shoud be able to choose depending on how low you want to go. Suspension stuff is my forte so feel free to PM me if you need more info or just keep the thread rollin. B)

Originally posted by importimage@Jun 1 2003, 03:52 AM
...If you do decide to get the coilovers, go with a good brand like skunk 2. Do not get HP Race, OBX, Weapon R, APC....all that cehap stuff is crap....

Skunk2's are not that good either. I have heard so many people complian about how boucny on them. Hell they are not even a true coilover. If your going the sleve coilover style go with Ground control. If your going to go to a true coilover, go to tein, jic, HKS, Progress, ect.

Originally posted by B16+Jun 4 2003, 03:58 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 31 2003, 12:33 PM
Civic_88ls
@May 31 2003, 02:31 PM
i want teins  very very bad.    VERY VERY BAD!!!

i have teins. for the money, i'm not really impressed with them...

i was definately impressed by mine.
what problems did you have with yours?

werd same here. B, one part is not going to make your car handle like an f1 car. You need everthing. Just buy a sway.

its not even the handeling...

the ride sucks. way to stiff over small shit, way too weak over harsh stuff, no matter what the setting is on. i either bottom out, or hop and have a stupid sore back.

IMO, the spring rates are too stiff, and the shock isn't strong enough.
a slightly lighter spring rate, and a shock twice as firm would do wonders on my car.

granted, the rates are designed for an ITR thats about 150 lbs heavier than my sol.... but im 100lbs heavier than the average asian dude, and i have a stereo in my car so it evens out. :)

I have Skunk2 Coilovers and I'm pretty happy with them. They were bouncy as hell til I got my KYB shocks. I would strongly advise that you get aftermarket shocks if you go with coilovers. I blew my stock shocks about a month after I put my coilovers on. Plus the ride is so much better.

holy crap another girl!!! :blink:
anyways, i got springs that supposedly give about a 2.25 inch drop and ive been riding on my stock shocks for a couple years and it rides smooth. i want to get a true coilover set up tho and im contemplating between the tein flex or ss, or the apexi world sport... any suggestions? id like to keep it under a grand if possible...

I love my Neuspeed Sport/KYB AGX setup. lowered the car about 2" (about a 1-3/4 finger gap) they can go from riding on air to bruse your girls ass for adjustability. and only spent about $480 for everythnig. for the money it's the best bang fo the buck for your daily driver, and the occasional autox.

Originally posted by SpyOneUSN@Jun 10 2003, 03:57 PM
holy crap another girl!!! :blink:
anyways, i got springs that supposedly give about a 2.25 inch drop and ive been riding on my stock shocks for a couple years and it rides smooth. i want to get a true coilover set up tho and im contemplating between the tein flex or ss, or the apexi world sport... any suggestions? id like to keep it under a grand if possible...

i can sell you a set of tein RA for 1100 + shipping, pm if interested

Back