1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adjusting boost on a little 18g

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by BigNate, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BigNate

BigNate New Member

how do you change the boost? is there a way to adjust the arm for the wastegate got turn boost down? racline, who i got it off of, said it was set about 9.7- 10 psi.. i only want 8 MAX.

so am i just gonna run the controller off the vaccum line comming from the wastegate????

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you'll have to get a new actuator. you can't turn boost down with a boost controller... only up from the wastefate.

10psi from an 18g is fine for a stock b16. give it good fuel and tune, and have fun :)

3. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components

They sell 6psi actuators.

OR
    you can put springs in between the diaphram and the end of the rod. This will make it easier for the actuator to open, thus lowering boost.

This is kinda the ghetto way. If you have the loot get the right actuator.

4. BigNate

BigNate New Member

yeah i was thinkin about just leavin it at that, because 10 psi from a little turbo is different from 10 psi on a bigger turbo so, i think it should handle 10 psi from a little guy... i got some DSM 450's and a walbro 255.. that should do it for my fuel, and i plan on having it tuned. my luck as soon as i put boost to it my damn seats and rings are gonna go bad.. but for a leakdown test, i heard of some way to listen to it, but couldnt i just hook up a compresson tester to it and watch the needle to see if it drops? that would tell me if im leaking air wouldn't it?

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

18g isnt too too tiny but it's definately smaller then a T3/T4. The motor should be fine at 10psi.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted