Advancing Timing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Ok ive searched the forum and found very little about this. I just need to know how to do it, I already know u must jump the little blue plug under the pass. side dash. Also my distributer doesnt really rotate, someone give me and idea about how far it is supposed to rotate, i already tried this and I didnt notice a difference, I jumped the blue plug and my Check Engine light came on and stayed on, my SRS light(which has been on for a month now) started flashing steadily, then rapidly, then went solid again. I was told the check engine light should do this to indicate timing has been reset. The thing I cant figure out is how far does the distributer go?? Its a F22B1, my freind said there are slots where you can rotate it, there is a little one but it is maybe a quarter of an inch long, not much. I took the bolts out and rotated the distributer around, towards the firewall, while it was running, if i went to far it tried to die, but i didnt notice a difference in idle very much, plus the bolts do not match up if i do rotate it that way. Someone please help or at least refer me to a website where I can address this problem better. Thanks in advance.

There should be three slots on the distributor mounting flange, which correspond to three bolts that hold it on there. You need to loosen those three, and rotate the distributor from there. This all needs to be done with the service plug jumpered, as you said. The bolts shouldn't "come out", you just need to loosen them enough to rotate the distro. The bolts should be 12mm, I think...maybe 14.

Back