advice needed on ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright so this is the deal, I didi the h22 swap in my lude and now i need a new ecu. My curent ecu doesent support v-tec.The swap cost quite a bit more than planed,thrown timing belts,new radiator, that stupid downpipe, to name a few.. My question is which ecu should i buy? or would a v-tec controller work?its quite a bit cheaper. I would like to get a performance one and I ran across one guy that will program the ecu anyway i want. What would be the v-tec engagements i want?

You could have a ECU chipped to your specs. This is a much better option than a generic Ebay ECU or chip.

Buy a P13 until you learn MUCH more about ECU's.

PGMFI.org

You can't chang it and just run a vtec controler to your h23 ecu.

Buy a JDM p13 on egay they're usually 100-200
Hell I have one up for sale right now, it's cheap...but I haven't been able to test it though.. :unsure:

definatley get the P13, and possibly if you feel necessay get it chipped, its very simple. that way it also will activate your intake manifold butterflys running an actual h22 ecu.
and it is possible to run a vtec controller such as a v-afc and have vtec function while running a non-vtec ecu, but it is not recommended.

Back