Advice on my new 99GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

So i picked up a 99 gsr today :) Its in great shape and I am loving the gearing. I would like to upgrade the valve train. I was thinking type-R for right now. First does the type-R internals fit in the gsr and second does anyone have a better suggestion?

I am increase the strength of the valve train so I can rev higher and get power from it.

Anyone have recommendations on Brands to seek out

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 11 2005, 09:02 AM
I am increase the strength of the valve train so I can rev higher and get power from it.

Anyone have recommendations on Brands to seek out
[post=472201]Quoted post[/post]​

It wont do squat for you with out bigger cams just so you know. I wasint sure if by valvetraine you were including cams.

youll enjoy what ever cams you get with higher comp pistons......just get oem pistons with even the ctr/itr cams and youll be impressed.... .i plan on doing the same thing this weekend.....

I have Crower cams and dual valve springs and titanium retainers and I really like them but I went with too aggressive of a cam. I would look into Crower, Zex, or Skunk2 for the cams just my .02

Sorry I am in a hurry at work. I will try again. What is the benefits of getting a obd2b to obd1 conversion harness? And what does the harness change about the car sensors?

Well for example changing over from OBD2 to OBD1 it allows you to run Hondata or Uberdata the conversion harness just allows you to plug into an OBD1 ecu because it has different pin outs than the OBD2 ecu. I think that was what you were asking.

Yea I was also wondering if running a obd1 ecu would have other effects on the motor performance

uhm...

not sure if you know exactly what a conversion harness looks like but its just a simple wiring cluster fuck that you plug into your stock harness and then on the other end you can plug in an OBD1 ecu...

OBD1 and OBD2 plugs are diffrent shapes/sizes/configurations however you wanna say it...

running a stock OBD1 computer will not really change anything as compared to an OBD2 computer, but switching to OBD1 gives you lots of choices for what you want to use for custom engine managment...
most free user programs such as uberdata only support, or work on OBD1...

hope this helps, and i;m not trying to talk down to you, just wanna make sure you understand...

Going back to the cams...are you upgrading to ITR cams? If so, I, IMO, would wait on the whole VT and just install them (cams) as it stands, saving money for the whole shabang when you want to step into a serious cam set up. Why? Because I am running CTR cams on a stock B16A VT, and power drops off at about 8100rpms, and the stock VT has NO problems handling it everyday, about thirty times a day.

I guess it is my fault I am having a tough time communicating my ? Let me try one more time

Here are difference between OBD1 and OBD2 engines in the sensors and things. I am wondering what is the affects to that when I run an OBD1 ecu.

If your car is wired right, there should be no problems for the car. However, if you live in a emssions insane state, than you may run into problems getting smogged, sine they won't be able to pull the info from you ECU.

Back