Advice on Turboing a B18 in a Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently purchased a 1993 Del Sol with over 200 K on it. The body is in surprisingly good condition. I have a 1995 Integra LS engine with around 50 K on it that i plan to swap. I would love any thoughts on what mods I should do.

Here is my goal:
This [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]car[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] is my daily driver but I'll have at least two months where I'll have it off the road to do some work. I want to have between 250-300 horses and run mid 12s. If you think i can make the car faster and have it still be reliable for the day to day I am all ears.

My Plan:
I planned on starting from the bottom up. I want to get new cams, rods, and pistons (I was thinking the ITR for the cr). I have heard a lot of negative things about the lsvtec being unreliable so I dont think I want to go that route. What additional things should I do to the car besides brakes and suspension before I turbo it. I understand I'll have to get some kind of fuel mgmt system. What kind of turbo and what PSI do you think a del sol could handle?

My Budget.
I have the car and the engine. I should be able to dump another 4 grand into the engine but in stages. What improvements would you make first?

I know thats a lot of questions with a lot of variables. I just want to get some ideas cooking on the whole thing. Thanks everyone.

Back