1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AEM ps pulley

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by deth101, May 18, 2004.

1. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

I bought a ps pump for my 00b16a2 off of e-bay and it has a aem pulley on it,my understanding is that this might hurt the ps pump but will it do anything bad to my motor?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if anythign, it will damange the steering rack, due to lack of lubrication... but i wouldn't worry about it. id be more worried about finding a belt that fits with the stock crank puley

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

na, i dont think it would damage the rack. i have ps fluid just sitting in my rack, no pump at all, it is fine. its the alternator pulley you really have to worry about. i think if anything it will just make it slightly more difficult to steer.

4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

cool,thank you, if I can avoid buying a pulley I will, if I can find a belt.

my main worry is whether or not it would cause some sort of vibration or balancing problem since it will be the only underdrive pulley on the motor,dont care too much about the ps pump or rack as compared to my motor, so I'm gonna try,if it dosnt work for me I'll update.....thanks again!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted