aem v2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpaisa

the diference in price between one of those air intakes on ebay and the aem v2 its more than 150 bucks..
what do you guys think. is it worth the extra money??? :huh:

i dont know about anyone else but to me, intakes are one of the only aftermarket parts that are all the same!!! i would never nor do i see the point of having an $150.00 aem intake when an EBAY special intake for $40.00 will do the same thing. most metal intakes are made out of the same T-304 stainless steel material and all fucntion the same. you car can only let in as much air as the intake mainfold will let it, therefore buying a 3" name brand intake for a car that can only has a 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 inlet is useless, if you going to buy a CAI then maybe that $50.00 bypass unit that keeps the water out might be an investment but thats is, my no-name-brand cold air intake looks and function just as well as a $200.00 AEM V2 and i paid 43.60 with s/h for it on EBAY.

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont know about anyone else but to me, intakes are one of the only aftermarket parts that are all the same!!! i would never nor do i see the point of having an $150.00 aem intake when an EBAY special intake for $40.00 will do the same thing. most metal intakes are made out of the same T-304 stainless steel material and all fucntion the same. you car can only let in as much air as the intake mainfold will let it, therefore buying a 3" name brand intake for a car that can only has a 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 inlet is useless, if you going to buy a CAI then maybe that $50.00 bypass unit that keeps the water out might be an investment but thats is, my no-name-brand cold air intake looks and function just as well as a $200.00 AEM V2 and i paid 43.60 with s/h for it on EBAY.
i hope you threw a K&N on it, instead of the cheap filter that was sent with it..

Quoted post[/post]]
Funny thing happened during my H22 swap. I started the car before wiring VTEC and my radiator fan would come on when I turned the engine off like it is supposed to. After I wired in VTEC, my radiator fans dont seem to ever come on. This really hasnt been a problem so far because the H22 keeps itself pretty damn cool, but regardless. I don't understand how this could happen. The only possibility is that the one wire that seemed to be left out, a WHT/GRN is the cause of this. Anyone have this problem during their swap. The radiator is a year old so I doubt its that. Any ideas?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i hope you threw a K&N on it, instead of the cheap filter that was sent with it..

the filter was one of the only things i did change but that was it and that was only because the damn thing was dirty as all hell from driving , not becuase it was shitty

i agree, intakes are pretty much the same, but then again with different applications, some intakes do produce a substancial amount of hp. i would consider the aem v2 if i were in a place that is generally hot, like cali or AZ. because the v2 will pull cooler air than a good ebay buy. of course you need to decide and compare them both with your application and figure out if it is worth the extra cash. some say yes, some say no, i have been running a basic aem with a k&N made for a crx in my eg, and i have no probs what so ever. i'd say go for it if your making BIG hp, but if this is your daily comuter, go ebay bro.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Funny thing happened during my H22 swap. I started the car before wiring VTEC and my radiator fan would come on when I turned the engine off like it is supposed to. After I wired in VTEC, my radiator fans dont seem to ever come on. This really hasnt been a problem so far because the H22 keeps itself pretty damn cool, but regardless. I don't understand how this could happen. The only possibility is that the one wire that seemed to be left out, a WHT/GRN is the cause of this. Anyone have this problem during their swap. The radiator is a year old so I doubt its that. Any ideas?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

the filter was one of the only things i did change but that was it and that was only because the damn thing was dirty as all hell from driving , not becuase it was shitty
well other than K&N... i dont know of any other good filters

well, i know that i would spend really well those 200 hundred dollars in other parts...thanks a lot guys.....
my motor swap has to be pospone for a couple of weeks. the store that i was gonna buy the motor from didn't receive the h22 with the lsd trans.. but so far i will keep buying the rest of the parts....
question..
i heard that some work has to be done to the exhaust(94 accord) so it can be bolt to the high flow cat(h22)???

Quoted post[/post]]
not really. youll be using the down pipe from the accord. So whatever you have bolted on now will be on there later.

Oh, and if you havent heard, http://www.hmotorsonline.com is a great place to buy engines.

uhh, i'm not sure about the 5th gen, but on 4th gen accords, you have to use the H22 downpipe.

AEM v2 for a H22 dynos at about 8+ HP. I dont think that garbage EBAY intake with that garbage filter can do that. K&N's Typhoon intake with filter doesnt even dyno that high. I mean, if I'm not mistaken the K&N was only 2 HP less but regardless.. That AEM v2 platinum is sexy..

Back