af or open funel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

which will get me to the 1/4 mile faster, cai with air filter or open funel. to much air at low rpm will sacrafice tourq but will it make up for my high end?

a well designed intake system has been dyno proven to make more power than open throttle body.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 5 2005, 10:23 AM
a well designed intake system has been dyno proven to make more power than open throttle body.
[post=483067]Quoted post[/post]​

your saying open throttle body or open cia intake tube. i have a funel that i can replace the air filter with. i see lately alot of high hp engines been using this method.

so you're asking which is better, air box or no air box?

which one allows more air flow with less restriction...?

and this was rhetorical... the cone will allow more air flow...

a CAI is even better because it sources air from outside the hot engine bay...

open funnel means what exactly??
sounds like you;re asking air filter or no air filter...
please tell me thats not what you;re asking...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 5 2005, 12:10 PM
open funnel means what exactly??
sounds like you;re asking air filter or no air filter...
please tell me thats not what you;re asking...
[post=483123]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, air filter or no air filter but in place with a open funel type over the intake tube. running the cai tube alone without an air filter will create air velocity problem so i have a adapter funel to be in place of the injen air filter which is an like an air horn design. which will work better at the track? i have tried this on the street the other day but still not sure which to use.

its such a small difference in power that you're better off just going with the filter so you don't get shit in your engine.

a funnel? like take a big side and force it into a little side? you'll lose power.

just run the injen intake as it came in the box, air filter and all.

Back