Aftermarket fuel setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
i seem to be having a problem with the fuel pressure in my accord. i had this problem before when i had my old F22 and i still am having the same symptoms that i had before with my H22 (i.e- extra long cranks before starting, hesitaiton in gas acceleration) i thought it had just been my old motor but appparently it wasnt cuz its still doing the same thing. so im assuming that its one of 4 things:

1) fuel pressure regualtor
2) fuel pump
3) fuel filter
4) fuel line

i was gonna start out by replacing the fuel pressure regulator so i was scanning around and found this one:

fuel pressure regulator

althought i wasnt sure if this kinda thing was vehicle specific or motor specific. i have a 1992 honda accord with an H22 but from the looks of the pic of the FPR it looks vehicle specific. but what is your opinion about this? :blink:

I would rule out the regulator unless you reused the accord fuel rail with the regulator on it. The prelude engine should have had a completely different regulator.

Also, since I work at the water department, I can caution you to not get confused about pressure and flow. High pressure can flow very little, and low pressure can flow a lot.

I would put a pressure tester on your fuel line, and see if your pump is creating enough pressure to be regulated, then check your pressure after the regulator. All the regulator does is bypass the rail and return unneeded fuel(and thereby pressure) to the tank.

Replace the fuel filter first. :)

Back