Aftermarket shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I just ordered some skunk 2 springs for my crx, what kind of shock recommendations do people have?
The drop is 2.0"-2.25" and i was looking into buyin some kyb agx shocks off of ebay for $300, i would like to stay under or close to about 300, and input is apreciated.

AGX's are a great deal, you can also look into Tokico Illuminas, which run a little bit more. If you want to spend twice that, you could get Koni Adjustables (perhapse the best low end shocks on the market).

So whats the difference between the agx's and the illumina's? I wouldnt mind paying $40 more for illumina's if it was worth it.
EDIT:
These are the correct one's for my 88 crx right?
clicky

ugh... this has been discussed 039218409357023895012934 times. do a search.

AGX is the choice here.

I'd take the tokiko's over the KYBs 453275819325619326432143215 times. Research how they are made.

The Tokiko BLUE is a better shock than the AGX IMO. I would rock a fucking monroe sensa-track before a fucking AGX. I just think they are poor quality.

i'd say go agx, they are a decent shock for the price. and the handling you can get out of them are great. they don't bounce but can ride stiff when adjusted high, good luck.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 10 2005, 02:26 PM
So whats the difference between the agx's and the illumina's? I wouldnt mind paying $40 more for illumina's if it was worth it.
EDIT:
These are the correct one's for my 88 crx right?
clicky
[post=497514]Quoted post[/post]​

yes,
make sure with the seller that they are for an 88 crx, cause 88 suspension in the rear is different than 89-91 crx's

Back