Air Conditioning Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95preludesi

Hey guys, I have just recently replaced the radiator in my 95 Prelude SI (old one had a crack along the top). Anyway I put everything back together today and go to run things over and everything in the car works except for the AC. When I put the AC on, the defrost light blinks off and on for some reason. Weird because the AC worked fine before...
Only other thing I did besides replace the radiator was swap out the old Honda headunit with a Kenwood MP3 player. I soldered all the wire connectors and heat shrinked them.
Anyone have any ideas why the AC wouldn't work and the defrost light blinks on and off whenever the AC button is pushed in. If it helps, my engine also seems to be making a winding noise whenever the AC is turned on, (sort of like the car is surging). When you turn the AC off, the engine idles fine.

No idea about the blinking light, but you should pop your hood and make sure the AC fan isn't contacting something somewhere. It might be rubbing or stuck on something.

I thought the same thing...that I might have accidentally forgot to connect the AC fan, but both fans kick on and work fine. Its just that the engine sounds like it is really surging when you put the AC on, not to mention the AC lines do not even get cold/have any condensation on them. Weird as I have ever seen this blinking light on the defrost before.

OK I messed around with the car a lil while I was on lunch break, the car only seems to surge at idle whenever the rear defroster is turned on and you have the A/C on. When you turn the rear defroster off, it keeps blinking even though it is turned off. Apparently it only keeps blinking whenever you have the A/C running, if you turn the A/C off and or run the heat and turn the defroster off, it stays off and does not blink.

So obviously something whack is happening to the defroster which is causing the A/C to malfunction...any ideas???

Back