1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Conditioning Question: 97 Hatch w/ Type R Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by otbevo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. otbevo

otbevo Junior Member

I have this same post in another section, but please bear with me... If one needs to be deleted, please do so to the appropriate one mods.

I just purchased a 97 Hatch with a Type R swap for my brother and the air conditioning has been removed. Seeing as it's hot as hell in New Mexico, we are looking to reinstall it. All the original hard lines for the a/c are still on the chassis and run through the firewall, I am purchasing a compressor and condenser... what hard line kit should I be ordering for the lines in between the compressor and condenser and then to the lines on the chassis? A civic kit?? An integra kit?? Any pics or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I locked your other thread. Please don't double post like that again. Just pick the right forum and post to it. Most people don't browse by forum anyway- they hit "New Posts" at the top, so doubles get really annoying, and all the threads get shown no matter which forum they're in. :)

I don't know the answer to your question, but you could always have some custom lines made at a reputable AC shop.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

It all depends on what compressor you're going to use. Your best bet would to be to buy all D-series Civic components (compressor, condensor, hardlines) and to get a CRV compressor bracket. The CRV bracket (I believe it's stamped P2J, but I'm not sure...it's been a while since I've done anything like that) uses a D-series compressor but will bolt up to the B-series block.

If it's been sitting for a while open to the air, you're going to need to for sure replace the drier, and you should replace the expansion valve as well. Moisture does HORRIBLE things to an a/c system...also, be sure and evacuate the system and make sure it will hold vacuum before you charge it, in case there are any leaks anywhere.

4. don_radeon

don_radeon Bored

You locked it but never said why, and you didn't move the thread. I don't blame him for reposting.

5. phunky.buddha

Uh... just read his first post in THIS thread. He says "If one needs to be deleted, please do so to the appropriate one mods." We generally lock them down instead of deleting them. He made both posts at the same time- I didn't lock one without explanation before he posted this one.

Why do you care anyway?

6. don_radeon

don_radeon Bored

Um.... just defending the newbs.

7. phunky.buddha

There's nothing to defend- there's no attack or conflict here.

8. d.b.cooper

d.b.cooper Mid-life Crisis Swap

Well, not yet anyway...

From what Ive noticed this guy seems to pop up only to snipe at random. I felt like an idiot rising to his bait on some other thread only to run across him doing the same thing on a myriad of unrelated topics. Keep up your good work, always enjoy reading your tech answers, and am impressed by your calm demenaor dealing with the great unwashed masses.

9. phunky.buddha

10. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

as far as the right lines are concerned, they would probably have to be custom made. you will be closest with the civic lines, but i doubt that they will hit the compressor at the right spot. most ac lines dont like to give you too much play, but you never know.

11. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I know for 100% sure the lines will line up.

I've done it.

Do what I said in my first post in this thread and you'll be good to go.

12. EJ6 b18c1

EJ6 b18c1 Junior Member

get all d series a/c parts.. -compressor. condensor... all the lines should be there.. b-series a/c belt.. and either a 94-95 delsol a/c bracket.. or a CRV bracket.. both work.. and it will all bolt right up..

13. MBenzTech

MBenzTech New Member

Get all lines, compressor, condenser that go with the car and then get the b20 (p7j) compressor bracket. that should everything you need when doing a swap because CRV's use the civic compressor on their A/C system.

14. OneSlowEK

OneSlowEK New Member

So does anyone have the clear story on this? Because im stuck with teh same issue, and florida is too hot not to have ac. I have the p7j bracket o the car already, which explains why i tried to slap on the integra compressor it didnt bolt up right, i have every other part:

D series Condesor
    D series ac hoses
    B series ac belt

the only thing im missing is the compressor itself, currently trying to find one for cheap.

Ill keep yall posted or right a DYI tut on it, so ppl dont have to ask.

15. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

D series compressor. yay.

16. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Just like I said in my first post.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted